The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Oh Captain, My Captain

In approximately 16 days I will be marrying a wonderful (Travel Size) woman. We are both excited over the fact that we will be starting our life together and can't wait for both the joys and trials of marriage. Indeed, an exciting time!

She will be receiving her Medical Doctorate approximately a month later. Upon receiving this, we will be "Traveling" to "Big D" for at least the next 3 years in order for her to perform her pediatric residency. Upon receipt of said Medical Doctorate she will become Dr. "Traveler". A development has been brought to my attention. We will be Dr. and Mr. "Traveler". It's not a bad thing just different. My Travel Size Better-half (future) is very gracious and an awesome woman. She has stated that socially she will be Mrs. "Traveler" and we will be "Mr. and Mrs. Traveler". However, anytime we receive a formal invitation or are announced formally it will be "Dr. and Mr. Traveler".

So here is my solution! In Anoka County, Minnesota I can actually receive a canoe license. Different canoe lengths have different license fees, but I figure that a 6-foot canoe license should suffice. I have concluded once I receive my 6-foot certification we will have to be announced or referred to as Cpt. and Dr. "Traveler". That's right! I'll be Captain "Traveler". I like it!

Random Thoughts from yesterday:

Sharon Stone is the Greek translation for Dirty Pirate Hooker.

A tank of gas for my car is the equivalent of four crack rocks (or so I've heard).

When the Travel Size one and I have kids we can give them all canoes for their 5th birthday. You know, sort of a right of passage. At this point, I will receive a promotion Captain to Admiral (Since I will have a fleet). Then it will be Admiral and Doctor Traveler.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Even though I was there for all those comments yesterday, they still made me laugh when I read this post. You forgot one though!

You: Check out my Continental OnePass card. I flew over 70,000 miles last year.
Me: Oh, you're gold ... member.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger The Traveler said...

Hahahahaha... isn't dat veird!

1:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the lover's blog banter...

So does Sharon Stone officially live on Whore Island?

8:02 AM

 
Blogger The Traveler said...

Yes she does... or so I've heard

10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home