The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Friday, February 24, 2006

Can I get those Muscle Relaxers and Vicodin to go?

I mentioned yesterday that I had a little back problem. I have had this happen before. Basically, I go to bed with worries on my mind and sleep so restlessly that I pull my back out. Nice. I feel like an old man.

So yesterday afternoon I decided to go to the Doctor. There is a Kelsey-Seybold right around the corner from where I live so I figure why not. I show up for my appointment and am called back to the waiting room where the nurse checks my temperature and blood pressure. I stand on the scale and realize quickly that it is a little off. (That's just my way of saying it appears I am a little heavier on that scale than my own. I like mine better!) No biggie. I am fill out a questionnaire about smoking. It is very odd. I have never had to fill one out before. Then this cute little medical student comes into the room. She asks me why I am there and all the "usual" questions. She kind of flirts with me which on any normal occasion would odd, but after the week I have had it was nice to know I still had it. Ya know. I still have a little game left. She steps out and assures me that she will return with the doctor. This little hottie returns with the doctor and she gives me a check up. Prescribes some Vicodin and Muscle relaxers! Woo hoo! I love party favors when you leave the doctors office (if I am a little random in this post, chalk it up to the Vicodin).

Anyways, the doctor steps out to go to another patient and the medical student walks over and kisses me on the mouth. I have been to the doctor all of my life, but I have NEVER had service like that before! I have to confess! I really, really enjoyed it! As she walked out she announced that she doesn't do that for all of her patients. Which made me feel pretty good.

I have to be honest I had a dichotomy of feelings running through my head. On one side, it was somewhat strange to have The Travel Size One doing a check up on me. I commented to her that it would probably be equally weird for her to see me when I am in front of a client. On the other side, it was pretty sexy to see her in her white coat scribbling out a prescription for me. It's the little things. It really is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home