The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Thursday, January 26, 2006

They Cheered for Pork

Tonight the Travel Size Bride-to-be and I were watching "The Network" before dinner. The annoying wannabe cajun was making gumbo. He was conveying the differences in gumbo and how to make a "roux" (I am sure my friend The Accountant will correct me on that spelling). The wannabe cajun was extolling the virtues of vegetable gumbo versus I guess you'd call it non-vegetable gumbo. He then exclaimed to the crowd he was adding pork and this was not vegetable gumbo. The crowd cheered. That's right! The crowd cheered! I had no idea pork was applause-worthy.

So here is my thought. I have some Hot Pockets in the fridge. If anyone wants to come over I will throw them in the microwave exclaim "Bam" and you can all clap. The name of my show could be "2 minute 30 second meals". They cheered for pork. I am still amazed by this fact. Pork??? Really???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roux is correct, Mr. Travel Guy.

The Annoying Wannabe Cajun talks a great deal about how its a "pork fat thing." Not sure what to do with that...

1:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home