The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Trip to Lowe's

The Travel Size One was studying for Step 3 last night and her brain was essentially fried so we took a little break. At her suggestion we went to Lowe's. Now fella's let me caveat here and tell you that there is nothing sexier than a woman who not only likes to shop at Lowe's or Fry's but recommends it. I actually think it is every man's dream (despite what they say).

So we get in the car and I immediately notice it. I think to myself, does she notice it? We don't even get out of the drive way and the Travel Size One says, "It smells like a fart in here". To which I reply, "it sure does". Of course she looks at me. I rebuke her immediately and proclaim my innocence. Thing is, it wasn't a fresh one. It smelled like a fart was hiding out in the back seat and popped up for the occasion. She looks at me and says, "You were the last one in here". To which I respond, "You're right, but that was 2 hours ago, and I am pretty sure IF it had been me it would have dissipated by now". I mean the physics of the whole situation was mind boggling. NO WAY a fart hangs around that long (guys back me up here). She is absolutely convinced that it was me. So I continue to plead my case by proclaiming, "Honey, I didn't wipe my butt on the floor mat, and besides if it had been me I would have claimed it."

To be honest, it was impressive. I really think there was something that got stuck in the air. I honestly don't think I am that good. I mean two hours!! To be that potent it would have taken the leather off the seat upon initial disbursement.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Rack'em,
The Traveler

2 Comments:

Blogger Ulovebeth said...

And you wonder why you lack comments when most of your audience is female?

3:51 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I still can't believe you decided to post this, but I do want to thank you because the first time I read this story was in rounds yesterday and I actually started laughing out loud. :-p

7:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home