The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Post-Call, Bitter Sweet

For those of you who LOVE Basketball, like NCAA Basketball, or will just watch any sporting event that comes on TV, this has got to be one of the greatest weekends (potentially even rivalling bowl week). I must admit I am in the latter group. I am not a big hoops fan, but there is something about vegging out and watching as many games as you possibly can. There really are some great moments. Today is no different. Duke was beaten, which I couldn't believe. I mean I know they live and die by the three and were not as tough as everyone thought, but it is still shocking. KState is actually hanging with Wisconsin. A&M will play later. Xavier and Purdue are playing and it appears to be a pretty close game. I do have to steal from one of my favorite sports writers here. I think Xavier would be an awesome boys name, but I'd be afraid that I would call him nothing but X-man and he'd end up with a complex. I have a propensity for propagating nicknames.

Random thought, the Jackie Moon (a.k.a. Will Ferrell) commercials are AWESOME!

Here's the thing most Saturdays are not devoted to watching sports all day. My Travel Size Better Half and I typically spend the day hanging out. We either go run errands or putter around the house (ok, that makes us sound about 70). The main difference is that she spent 30 hours straight in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and is quietly sleeping on the couch (Post-Call).

Another random point, I took my 4 pound yorkie to see my Mom last night and he played with my sisters 4 pound maltese for about 20 hours straight. I have never seen him that active for that long. He is laying next to me on the couch actually sleeping in a position very similar to my Travel Size Bride on the couch across from me. Guess he had a rough time playing...

I say that it is bitter sweet, because while I love proving my fan-hood in front of the ladies all day long, I'd rather be hanging out with my Travel Size Wife. C'est la vie. Bitter Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home