The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Monday, June 11, 2007

My Pet Peeves

I think I am easily annoyed. OK. I AM VERY EASILY ANNOYED! I think over the next week I am going to start "blogging" about my pet peeves and why they annoy me.

The first on my list has got to be cheesy Christian marketing. No I am not talking about "Safe for the whole family" or "God Listens". Those are really mild. I am talking about something that has been annoying the Travel Sized One and me for some time now. Church signs that use trite phrases like it is going to actually draw people in the door.

Warning!!! All that you are about to read are actual signs that we have seen recently. I only warn because you may want a trash can to put by your desk to vomit in.

"Try our Sundays. They are better than Baskin Robbins"

"Is God your Co-Pilot? Swap seats"

"What is missing in Ch _ _ ch? UR!"

It is honestly an epidemic that is running rampant among churches in The City. Sad. It truly is sad. More pet peeves to come... Stay Tuned!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Don't forget these:

"BIBLE -- Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth"

or

"Afraid of burning in Hell? Use SONscreen."

Btw, I just saw Sebastian go after a chewtoy with a certain degree of ruthlessness. He really is a rough and tumble
dog!

3:34 PM

 
Blogger The Traveler said...

Thank you honey! I forgot about those. Equally bad!

I told you he was :) Don't let the size fool you!

7:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make fake those church sign messages onto real images of church signs @ http://www.CustomSignGenerator.com (switch letters around in the pictures).

12:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be a book somewhere... I see them here in Houston as well. My favorite:

"Forbidden fruit creates many jams."

4:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I should puke or cuss. I might just do both....

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home