The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Monday, March 19, 2007

Fartin' in the Men's Room

Ok, It has been a while since I have blogged and my adoring fans are no doubt spread through out the world (all two of you) so in the spirit of camaraderie I wanted to do something to bring us back together. Blog.

I couldn't think of a better Balboa-like return topic than "breaking wind" in the men's room. Last week was my first week on a new client and I had to fly to their campus in BFE, New York. Literally it is 50 miles from New York City, which is like being in Oklahoma... if you live in Houston. I get to the client and everything goes as usual. I figure out who the players are, who the trouble makers are, and most importantly where the facilities are. You know, water cooler (so I can talk about the Office last week), Coke machine (so I can consume my 2 dozen Diet Cokes a day) and the men's room (so I can... never mind). Now guys, vouch for me here. When you are standing in front of the urinal or seated upon the thrown there tends to be a neccesity to relieve a certain pent up... pressure. Agreed? So I am in the men's room last week and there is a gentleman in the room taking care of the necessary sanitation exercises and doing a fantastic job. As he begins to walk out, I hear him rip one that sounded like a lawn mower about to die. Now my question is, "Is this right?" I mean just because you are in the mens room does this give you the freedom of the fart? I guess it was just an awkward situation because he was working. This would be like me farting at my desk.

On another note, the house I grew up in blew up this weekend. The family living there now was out of town but the dog and the bird were not as fortunate.

The Traveler

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

My jaw is literally touching my chest right now. I'm not sure whether to laugh so loud the neighbors can hear me or be appalled. I think I'll just finish my delicious homemade roasted chicken and scalloped corn dinner. :)

8:02 PM

 
Blogger The Traveler said...

Corn... When did I eat corn!

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Laurie said...

I haven't checked the blog in a while...maybe I should've kept things that way.

12:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you, man. But I sometimes do that at my desk (Laurie, don't read that). But hearing that in the men's room always makes me laugh.. what can I say, I am 10 year old boy at heart.

So the house just blew up? How strange.

1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home