The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Monday, May 15, 2006

I am becoming domestic

Well, it has been three weeks since the Travel Size Better Half and I were married. I refuse to refer to events as anniversaries that are not truly celebrations of one year (365 days) passing. It really is a pet peeve of mine when someone say its our three month anniversary. There is no such thing! By definition, anniversary is The annually recurring date of a past event, especially one of historical, national, or personal importance: a wedding anniversary. It implies that at least one year must have passed. Now by all means refer to it as your Three-month-versary. By eliminating "anni" you eliminate the fallacy that a year has passed. Lesson over! Move on! (Not really sure where that spout of anger came from, but it felt good to release.) Since we have been living together, there are several tendencies that I have noticed which infer that I am becoming domestic. Here are just a few of the things I have noticed:

I feel compelled to say, "Honey, I'm home" upon walking in the door from the office.

I had a great time this past weekend... just cleaning house and packing.

I am now using "Color Treatment" shampoo when in the shower. (maybe that is a vain effort to keep my hair from turning gray. Not sure if it's working.)

I like doing chores.

I don't always have to be "dressed up" when I leave the house. Granted this is a little femme, but it's the truth!

I like going to bed early.

I don't mind stopping and picking stuff up on the way home. It is actually a joy to do so.

I am getting better about putting the toilet seat down and closing the shower curtain so that mildew does not build up. (Mildew build up. Who knew!)

I double-check to ensure I am washing unmentionables in the appropriate manner. (Apparently, they make these little mesh bags that you can use to put your bras and panties in so... umm... never mind).

There are no doubt two schools of thought after reading this post:

Ladies: Where can I get such a great guy like this one. Well I am sorry, but they broke the mold after I popped out. No seriously, when you meet that certain someone and make it official there are these little chips that you can buy. They are easily injected into the brain and cause no pain. Wait until your spouse is asleep and perform the injection then. He won't even know what hit him and you will have yourself a perfect man.

Men: Come on Nancy, don't be such a pansy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

This whole post makes me laugh. I bet your hair is luscious from the Color Treatment shampoo.

12:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part: "Mildew build up. Who knew?"

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

For the record, you are getting pretty good with the toilet seat and the shower curtain. Now if only I could get you to stop using my shampoo ...

12:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home