The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Guest Blog from My Travel Size Better Half

Hubby asked me to do a guest blog for him; we decided together that if I posted this story on my blog, it could look pretty mean, but having him post it would take away that aspect and show that he can have a good laugh at himself. This is a true story; I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!

Sunday night I needed to stay up as late as possible in an attempt to switch my body back to nights for the next two weeks. Hubby needed to get to bed at a decent hour since he was catching a flight the next morning, so we agreed on a compromise: we would go to bed at the same time, and I would keep the TV volume low so that he could get some sleep. A little after midnight, he rolled back over towards me and started to mumble something. When this happens, it usually involves him asking me to turn the volume down (the Food Network can indeed get pretty rowdy after midnight). This time, however, I was really having trouble understanding him.

I leaned over in an attempt to hear him better, but the only words I could understand were "Giggles and frosting ..." which he kept repeating over and over to himself. Once I realized that he was talking in his sleep, I started to crack up. I tried to be quiet, but the more he repeated his new mantra, the more I laughed.

Apparently one of my cackles stirred him from sleep. He rolled over onto his stomach, popped his head up like a little prairie dog, and whispered, "Shhhhhhh, don't let them know my secret." Then he buried his head under his pillow and rolled away from me.

My laughter was rolling so hard at this point that I couldn't breathe and was in danger of falling off the bed. I was very tempted to wake him up to share in the hilarity but realized he might find the story funnier in the light of day. Apparently I was right because now he actually wants other people to hear about it. Hubby is one of the funniest people I've ever met, and I'm glad to know he will keep me laughing for years to come - even when he's not awake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home