The brainstorms of life from 30,000 feet

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mike's Hard Lemonade? Really?? REALLY???

So a colleague and I were talking with a Business Analyst that works for our current client and he was complaining about how much it costs to go to a major league baseball game. I actually agree that it is ridiculous to charge what they charge for tickets, parking and concessions. He then goes on to say that it shouldn't cost $250 to take a family of four to a game. Our natural reaction was, "What did you buy?" He then goes through the list, "Tickets and parking and nachos and a foam finger for his daughter and two rounds of Mike's Hard Lemonade at $13 per round and..." Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, WHAT??? This was not a figurative statement. Our shock was apparent. My first question was "Wait, YOU got a Mike's Hard Lemonade?" He then goes on to extol the virtue of the Raspberry flavored. I literally kept looking to the sky waiting for a HUGE can of Old Milwaukee to fall on him with the booming voice pronouncing "Men should act like men.". Needless to say, after we walked away there was a good snicker between us.

So Man Law #235: Even if you like Mike's Hard Lemonade don't EVER order it in public. Especially at a public venue where you have to pay a premium. Come on!

As my colleague and I were walking away, he comments "I guess they must have been out of Smirnoff Ice." I immediately realized that would have been an awesome line after this guy divulged that he not only likes but actually orders Mike's Hard Lemonade in public.

Rack'em,
The Traveler

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I saw this on TV yesterday and it made me think of you...not the fat guy part...the part about guys drinking it...ok, I've overexplained now. Just watch the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jwtPMHsxKY

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home